- Hiking on the oldest rock formation in Malaysia.
- Walk into Heath Forest and its climate
- Enjoy the Stunning Panoramic View of Langkawi Island from the Top.
- Reach the altitude of 701 above sea level.
- Available Daily but Monday, with a minimum of 2 people per booking.
- Tour starting at 8.30 am, with duration 5 hours approximately.
- Fitness Level: Above average with hilly terrain and some gradient.
The duration of the tour very much depends on your fitness level, can vary between 4 hours to 5 hours.
- Recommended Attire: Long sleeve shirts, Long pants, change of clothes, covered shoes or sport shoes, sweater and raincoat, mosquito repellent, Water and snacks.
- The trail is quite steep, there might be fallen trees on the trail and much sharp grass, we strongly recommended wearing long pants.
Matchincang Cambrian Geopark Forest
This trek will take you to the summit of Mount Matchincang with an altitude of 701M above sea level. Visit the stunning weathered limestone & ancient sandstone formations, the first land in what is now SE Asia to emerge from the oceans 550 million years ago and see the unique flora and fauna it supports.
It is a fairly easy trail and take about 2 hours hike to the top. However, it does require a high fitness level.
The guide will share his knowledge on Langkawi’s flora and fauna on the way. We hope to see the wildlife that co-habitat this environment such as birds, butterflies and monkeys. At the top, we will be rewarded with a wonderful view of the island from the summit.